Monday, April 24, 2006

Tom Cruise a Moron

by varsity.co.nz

In the shocker of all shockers, Tom Cruise isn't the linguistic expert he claims to be. Despite telling everybody Suri means "princess" in Hebrew, Hebrew linguists have confirmed that it doesn't. Suri has only two meanings - one is a person from Syria and the other "go away" when addressed to a female. Hebrew expert Jonathan Went says, "I think it's fair to say they have made a mistake here. There are variations of the way the Hebrew name for princess is spelt but I have never seen it this way." Suri can also be translated into a Hindi boy's name, and it also means "pointy nose" in some Indian dialects and "pickpocket" in Japanese. Interestingly and ironically Cruise's daughter was born on the same day as Brooke Shield's daughter. Ironic because last U.S summer the two had a battle of words in the media over using drugs to medicate post-partum depression. Cruise, a scientologist, told Access Hollywood that Shields was being “irresponsible” for telling the public that antidepressants are what cured her for the postpartum depression she went through after the birth of her daughter, Rowan in 2003. Cruise condemns mind-altering prescriptions of any kind and suggested that women should use “vitamins and exercise” to help with depression. He went on to say about Shields, “I care about Brooke Shields because I think she is an incredibly talented women, but look at where has her career gone.” Shields responded, “Tom should stick to saving the world from aliens and let women who are experiencing postpartum depression decide what treatment options are best for them.”

3 Comments:

Blogger The Super Beetles said...

It seems just too obvious...

10:16 AM  
Blogger The Super Beetles said...

I think Tom may be trying to convert me to scientology. Wants me to feel like I should be honored that he named his kid after me. Hey! Tommy Boy! Just cause I like nuts doesn't mean I like nutters!

10:18 AM  
Blogger The Super Beetles said...

Acorn Head!

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home